Ultimate Android 4.2 Update List: Which Phones Will Get the New Jelly Bean ?
1) HTC Amaze 4G:
- The HTC Amaze 4G is currently running on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and with no Android 4.1 Jelly Bean in sight.
- It could be that the Amaze 4G either is left on Android 4.0 or hopefully, Android 4.1. Noted tipster Football4PDA seems to think that an Amaze 4G Android 4.2 Jelly Bean update is extremely unlikely.
- So at the moment, the chances of a roll out look grim.
2) HTC Droid Incredible 2:
- The Droid Incredible 2 Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update is still in limbo and that should pretty much tell owners of the aging device that an upgrade to not only Android 4.2 Jelly Bea.
- But to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is highly unlikely.
- We’ll never say never because there is always a possible miracle waiting in the wings but at this point.
- An upgrade to Android 4.2 Jelly Bean seems highly unlikely for Droid Incredible 2 owners.
3) HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE:
- The Droid Incredible 4G LTE still remains on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich though an upgrade to Android 4.1 Jelly has seemingly been confirmed.
- And given how new this device is, it was released only a few short months ago, an upgrade to Android 4.2 doesn’t seem to be out of the question.
- Just when it might arrive though remains another story and seeing as how there is no release date for Android 4.1 Jelly Bean in sight.
- It could be a long while before Droid Incredible 4G LTE owners see the update.
4) HTC EVO 3D:
- Like the Amaze 4G, the HTC EVO 3D Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update is in doubt which means that a roll out of Android 4.2 Jelly Bean is looking unlikely.
- More likely is that the EVO 3D stays on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich which means that owners could miss out on all of the fantastic features that Google’s latest operating systems bring to the table.
5) HTC Droid DNA:
- Verizon’s Droid DNA, the first smartphone to launch in the U.S. with a 1080p display.
- Launched with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean right out of the box.
- It was one of the first phones to do that as well.
- That being said, that should mean that Android 4.2 Jelly Bean is extremely likely for the Droid DNA.
- So now, it’s just a matter of when it might be released.
- Given that the device is on Verizon, it could be a matter of months before the Droid DNA sees Android 4.2 released.
6) LG Lucid:
- The LG Lucid was upgraded with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich earlier this year but thus far.
- LG has not revealed any plans for a Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update.
- So, it’s unclear if the LG Lucid is in the plans for an upgrade for Android 4.2 Jelly Bean.
- If Android 4.1 Jelly Bean makes it to the Lucid, there is an outside chance, but owners should not be getting their hopes up.
- If it does arrive, don’t expect it for quite awhile.
7) LG G2X:
- The LG G2X, one of the first dual-core phones in the U.S., is still sitting on Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
- It should be getting the boost up to Android 4.0 ICS at some point in the future given that its foreign brother.
- The Optimus 2X was bumped up to Android 4.0, but Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and thus, Android 4.2 Jelly Bean seem rather unlikely at this point.
8) LG Nexus 4:
- One phone that needn’t worry about the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean update is the LG Nexus 4, Google’s latest Nexus device, which runs Android 4.2 Jelly Bean right out of the box.
- That should mean that it is primed and ready for whatever Google has in store next which should be Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie, an operating system that should be announced at Google I/O in May.
Our Review: Nexus 4
9) LG Optimus G:
- The LG Optimus G, one of LG’s best U.S. smartphones in years, was released with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and will be getting the upgrade to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean at some point in the future.
- Likely in 2013. While that’s not a guarantee for Android 4.2 Jelly Bea.
- It should mean that LG’s device will definitely be in the running to get Google’s latest Android update.
10) Motorola Atrix 2:
- The show is over for the Motorola Atrix 2 which will be left on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich instead of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
- Motorola made the news official a short time ago and that means that the only way folks are going to be able to get Android 4.2 Jelly Bean on the Atrix 2 is if a developer is keen on releasing an unofficial piece of software for AT&T’s smartphone.
11) Motorola Atrix HD:
- The Motorola Atrix HD is in line to receive the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update at some point in December from Motorola.
- Motorola has been very diligent about getting out upgrades to its devices now that new leadership is in place and it has often updated older phones with the latest software.
- We expect to see Android 4.2 Jelly Bean for the Atrix HD though it may end up being the last major Android update that the device sees.
12) Motorola Droid 4:
- Like the Atrix HD, the Droid 4 will be getting the upgrade from Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Motorola says that it will take place sometime in the future though it doesn’t specify when.
- Reading further into that, it means that the update will roll out in 2013.
- The fact that it will be getting Android 4.1 is a good sign though again, it’s no guarantee that Android 4.2 Jelly Bean rolls out.
13) Motorola Droid Bionic:
- The Motorola Droid Bionic recently was updated with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and is in line to receive Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
- If Android 4.1 Jelly Bean does roll out for the Droid Bionic next year and thus far, it seems like a possibility, expect it to be the last update for the device.
- Yes, there will be a possibility that Android 4.2 rolls out but a slim one.
- This is an aging device.
14) Motorola Droid RAZR:
- The Motorola Droid RAZR, the original, is currently running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
- It, like the Droid Bionic, is scheduled to get Android 4.1 Jelly Bean at some point in the future, likely next year.
- The Droid RAZR is an extremely popular phone which should put pressure on Motorola to roll out Android 4.2 Jelly Bean as a second major update for the device.
- Don’t expect it to happen until later next year though.
15) Motorola Droid RAZR HD:
- The Droid RAZR HD was one of the first phones, outside the Nexus devices, to get the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update.
- The feat was one performed by Motorola’s new management team who hopes to lure in customers with better update support.
- That should translate into good things as far as the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean update is concerned. Owners should expect it, but don’t expect it for a few months from now at least.
This are the 15 Smart Phones which we are about to know will be updated with the New Latest Android 4.2 Version.