Here is step-by-step guide for updating you Samsung Galaxy SIII to latest android jelly bean official firmware. By following this guide lines the users who have already updated to official firmware can now root with CF-auto-root and ODIN tool. Rooting Samsung Galaxy SIII is just to gain system allotment for installing the 3rd party apps. To know weather users Samsung Galaxy SIII is rooted or not, kindly download the free app from Google play store named “Root Checker”.
- Once the Samsung Galaxy SIII is rooted, its hardware warranty is void. But if need the official warranty, restore the official version back.
- This official firmware and instructions are provided for the Samsung Galaxy SIII GT-I9300 models only. Not fro any other models. Know your model 1st by navigating to about phone in settings.
- Its safer to keep a back up of all your data and settings on the device and make it sure that your Samsung Galaxy SIII has minimum of 80% battery charge.
- Setting>Developer option>Applications>Development. Make sure this steps are followed.
- After the Samsung Galaxy SIII is rooted software’s such like CWM or TWRP should be installed separately. Because the installation need ODIN for flashing the Samsung Galaxy SIII.
Who to update Samsung Galaxy SIII to official Android Jelly Bean firmware:
Its as easy as it is, just follow the 10 steps and your Samsung Galaxy SIII is updated to official Android Jelly Bean firmware.
- 1st Extract the CF-Auto .zip file in which you will get a file of .tar in the extracted folder, Extract ODIN .zip file were you will get ODIN3v3.07.exe with some files.
- Switch off the Samsung Galaxy SIII till the vibrations come, which confirms the shutdown. Place Samsung Galaxy SIII in the download mode holding the volume down and power keys, a warning message will appear, then press the volume down key to proceed into the download mode.
- Start the ODIN3v3.07.exe, connect the Samsung Galaxy SIII to PC with the help of USB connector. Again message Added will appear in ODIN box at the left bottom of the display screen. If it does not appear, try doing with another USB port. If Samsung Galaxy SIII is added successfully the COM port of numbers will change into yellow color.
- Select the File in ODIN using the following buttons:Click PDA button, Choose CF-Auto-Root-mo-moxx-gti9300.tar file.
- In ODIN, Enable the Auto Reboot and T\time reset option. To start flashing progress hit START button. Once package is successfully flashed, Samsung Galaxy SIII reboots automatically and PASS message will appear with green background. Now disconnect the Samsung Galaxy SIII from PC.
Samsung Galaxy SIII is rotted with the latest Android Jelly Bean official firmware. Now all apps which require root can also be installed.
In case of any quires, please comment below without hesitating.